The C50 is a compact and very portable controller aimed at Virtual DJ and Traktor users. Because it is USB powered its more convenient to set up than the C60 model, and it also has a lower price tag. Its the 'shaved down' version compared to the C60, but unless you have a specific need for a stand-alone mixer function and a booth output this could be the most cost effective choice.
Quality wise and control wise, the C50 and C60 are the same - Very solid construction and reliable components. More controls than most larger controllers, plus the shift key allows dual function of all the buttons and knobs making it really easy to custom map your own creative ideas. Throw this in your back pack, or grab one of the many DJ bags that will fit the C50 just fine.
Ships with VirtualDJ-LE in the box, and has Traktor maps included, so its ready to go when you are.
Replaceable crossfader with adjustable crossfader curve
2 channel strips, each with 60mm volume faders, LED level meters
3-band EQ with center detent push encoders (push=EQ band kill)
Mid and Low EQ encoders switch to Key and Filter knobs using Shift
Master section: master output knob, browsing encoder with 2 deck load buttons
Second push-button encoder and Sampler Volume knob that act differently according to the software and mapping used
Deck section Left & Right:
Touch-sensitive, jog wheels with adjustable sensitivity and a Scratch button for toggling the top of the wheels from scratching to pitch bending
High-resolution pitch faders with Key Lock button and Pitch Bend buttons (Pitch Range with Shift)
FX section with knobs and buttons for 3 effects, plus an endless rotary push-button encoder
Looping section with a push-button encoder and 6 buttons for loop length, loop in/out, loop on, and loop delete
Sampler section with 4 sample trigger buttons
Deck Select button (for decks A/C or decks B/D)
Sync button (Reverse with Shift)
Transport section with 3 rubberized buttons for playback and track temp
• Inputs: Line/Phone x 2 (RCA), MIC x2 (6.3mm), Aux x1, USB type B x 1
• Outputs: Master x 2 (balanced and RCA), headphone x 2 (3.5mm and 6.3mm)
• Built-in 4X4 sound card
• Easy replaceable crossfader with curve adjust knob
• Three-band EQ with Full output kill function for each channel
• MP3 player and tablet pad friendly Aux input
• MIC input with level control
• Headphone output with level control and cue mixing
• Dual headphone jack 6.3mm and 3.5mm
• Dual 10 LED monitor display
• DVS direct mode for timecode DJing software
• Bundled with VirtualDJ LE
• Bundled with low latency ASIO driver
• Bundled with Traktor 2 mappings
• Intuitive layout design and 4 Decks control
• Touch-sensitive jog wheels
• Jog wheels sensor adjust knobs for each wheel
• Durable large-size Cue, PLAY and Cue Play buttons
• Dual function cross fader for VirtualDJ (Audio/Video Cross fader)
• Dual FX units control with 4 knobs and 4 buttons for each unit
• Independent 8 sample buttons for sample deck or sample bank
• SHIFT key in two sides for various dual-button operations
• Function setting software and firmware updatable
• 108 control elements included 76 buttons, 19 knobs, 6 encoders, 5 faders and 2 jog wheels
• Perfectly control the newest DJing software functions including loop recorder and sample deck
• Control Video transition and video effect for video DJing software
The Good: Pro grade construction. Good responsive jog wheels with adjustable touch sensitivity. Rubberized EQ knobs with 'push to kill' feature. Ready to go Traktor and Virtual DJ mapping. Great price.
The Bad: No stand-alone Mixer mode (unlike the C60 model). No booth outputs. No tone control on Mic. No full-version software included (Virtual DJ LE only).
The Bottom Line: While it was primarily designed for Virtual DJ, don't be dissuaded if you are a user of other popular programs such as Traktor. This feature-rich controller packs a lot of very well-made components into a small, but not overly-cramped layout. It has decent sound quality and useful features not found on more expensive controllers.
12 Months Warranty
Posted by Sergiodegustation on 30th Jun 2013
This controler is really good, especially at this price!! The mapping for Traktor is good except few small things but easy to correct. You can really use it if you are a beginner or an advanced dj.
The only bad point for me is that is impossible to use it for scratching. Except this, a really good finition, good component and affordable price.
Posted by Ina Luzette Louw on 22nd Apr 2013
My son, aged 17, is very impressed with this product - he is a upcoming DJ and had a lot of very good reviews on his style so far.
Posted by simian on 12th Apr 2013
hey im using with traktor, really cool. thanks for those other midi mapping !
Posted by Nimbus on 2nd Dec 2012
Please check out our own review on the C50 on the Articles page